Yoga Place (collectively "we", “us”, the "Company", "Yoga Place" ), we own and operate the website hongkongyoga.com (collectively "this website", “our website”, "this webpage", "our webpage" ). This website provides information on Yoga practice, Yoga class and course (collectively "Yoga course"), online shopping, and delivery service.
Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Data
Personal data collected from you may be used by Yoga Place for, without limitation:
- identifying you and any accounts you hold with us
- enabling the provision of Yoga course to you
- determining and verifying your eligibility for discounts and promotions on products and services
- processing of payment instructions or collection of amounts outstanding from you in relation to the provision of the Yoga course and online shopping
- order processing, billing and fulfilment
- providing delivery service for online shopping
- direct marketing of the Yoga course, Yoga products, and services (see section “Direct Marketing” below)
- conducting research, statistical analysis and behavioral analysis
- customising the Company’s website and its content to your particular preferences
- provisioning of customer services
- handling your complaints and account enquiries, and handling any claim, action and/or proceedings against the Company or any party
- fraud prevention and detection
- auditing purposes
- making such disclosures as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations
- any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected
Types of Personal Data Collected
Types of personal data collected by the Company may include, without limitation:
- Your personal information and contact information such as your name, telephone number, social media contact, email address, residential address, mailing address, and billing address;
- Your business information such as company name;
- Your payment transaction with merchants such as PayPal, Payme, WeChat Pay Hong Kong, AlipayHK.
Confidentiality, Disclosure and Security of Personal Data
All personal data collected and held by Yoga Place will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for the Company to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for the Company to provide the Yoga course or delivery service to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or organisations;
- Company’s associated companies, business partners, logistics companies, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services, or other service operators, who are involved in the sales and marketing, administration or provision of the Yoga course and delivery services;
- Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including a member of its group of companies, IT consultants, data processors, auditors, accountants, or lawyers, which has undertaken to keep such information confidential; and
- Banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, credit card issuing companies or debt collection agencies.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to our website or social media, or any part of the site by you will be considered as voluntarily provided to the Company on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development and marketing of services and to meet user needs.
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by the Company is stored in a secure and safe place.
All personal data which we collect is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
Retention of Personal Data
Unless there is a mandatory legal requirement for us to keep your personal data for a specified period, we will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
From time to time, the Company may use your personal data to send you news, offers, promotions and joint marketing offers and the Company requires your consent for that purpose. We may contact you by email, in-app notifications, social media, SMS, text/picture/video message, telephone or mail.
Your name, email address, telephone number, contact address, social media contact, products and services portfolio information, transaction patterns and behaviors, may be used by the Company in direct marketing of Yoga course, yoga products and services.
If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us or our marketing partners, you can opt out at any time by sending emails, making phone calls, dropping words on social media or instant communication APP. Upon receipt of your request, we shall cease to so use your personal data as soon as possible without charge to you.
When you browse the company's website, unless otherwise stated, the company will only record your visit, and will not collect any personally identifiable information. Cookies (if any) used in any part of this website are not used to collect personally identifiable information. Cookies are computer files stored in the computers of Internet users, which are used to obtain configuration data and analyze the browsing habits of Internet users. Cookies can save you the trouble of re-registering every time you browse the website, and are usually used to track which web theme you like to choose. You have the right to choose not to accept Cookies, but this may make you unable to use or activate certain functions of the company's website.
Data Access and Correction